- To provide year-round irrigation to 31,840 hectares of farm lots in the Province of Iloilo.
- To increase annual production of rice from 140,000 to 300,000 metric tons.
- To help sustain the region’s rice self-sufficiency target and contribute to the country’s rice production target of 7.6%.
- Ample supply of water for irrigation
- Increase production of rice from 3.6 to 5 metric tons per hectare
- Employment opportunities during project construction
- 6.6 megawatts hydroelectric power supply
- Bulk water supply
- Mitigate flooding in the Municipality of Calinog and nearby towns
- Promotion of Eco-Cultural Tourism in the Municipality of Calinog